Skilled workers are in demand worldwide, not only in Germany. However, there are differences in the respective countries. Which specialists are in demand in the U.S.?
Skilled workers are in demand worldwide
It is not only in Germany that skilled workers are in high demand. Virtually all modern industrialized countries have a skilled labour problem due to their demographics. In addition to the EU countries, Canada and Japan, for example, are also looking for foreign specialists. Due to the large internal market, the United States often has the largest number of vacancies. But in which areas are the most skilled workers sought in the U.S.?
Based on the employment forecast, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has selected those jobs in the U.S. with high perspectives.
For the US, as for other countries, there are opportunities to enter and work. What the EU Blue Card is in the EU and is supposed to be the opportunity card for Germany, the famous U.S. Green Card is for the U.S.
These professionals are in demand in the U.S.
The United States is in the midst of an economic boom. This means that there are now more employment opportunities than in recent years. But which professions are in demand? A recent study by the U.S. Department of Labor has identified several emerging occupations that are expected to grow significantly over the next decade. These professions are:
- General and operational managers
- Employees in accounting, accounting and auditing
- Persons employed in fishing and hunting
- Employees in food preparation
- Operations Manager for Wind Energy
- Accountant and auditor
- Clerical workers, general
- Retail clerks
- First supervisors of office and administrative staff
- Clinical Nursing Professionals
- Sustainability professionals
- Security Management Professionals
- Drivers of light trucks
- Drivers of trucks and semi-trailers
- Fast food and counter staff
- Primary school teachers, other than special education teachers
- Commercial agents in the services sector, except advertising, insurance, financial services and travel
- Commercial agents in wholesale and production, except technical and scientific products
- Domestic help in the health sector
- Caretakers and cleaners, excluding housemaids and cleaners
- Unskilled workers in the construction industry
- Unskilled workers and transporters of goods, warehouses and materials, hand
- Waiters and waitresses
- Chefs, Fast Food
- Chefs, Restaurant
- Nurses in acute care
- Nurses in intensive care
- Account Manager
- Warehousemen and order fillers
- Landscape gardener and green space conservator
- Management Analysts
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Loss Prevention Manager
- Manager for Wind Energy Development
- Manager, everyone else
- Medical assistants
- Childcare staff
- Online merchants
- Personal Care Assistants
- Enterprise Business Continuity Planner
- Advanced psychiatric nurses
- Recycling and reclamation workers
- Registered nurses
- Receptionists and information officers
- Secretaries and administrative assistants, except legal, medical and managerial staff
- Software Developer
- Brownfield redevelopment specialists and site managers
- Specialists in business processes, all others
- Supervisors of employees in food preparation and distribution
- Managers of retail employees
- Maintenance and repair workers, general
- Maids and cleaners in the household
Source: “Numerous Job Openings Bright Outlook Occupations.” O*NET OnLine, National Center for O*NET Development, www.onetonline.org/find/bright?b=2. Accessed 29 November 2022.
Due to very similar economic structures, this demand also applies in many areas to the other G7 members, i.e.:
- Great Britain
Which specialists are in demand in the U.S.: A look at individual sectors
There is no question that healthcare is one of the most important industries in the United States. In view of the aging population and medical-technical progress, the demand for qualified healthcare professionals will continue to increase in the coming years. This is very similar, for example, to Germany, where many doctors and nurses as well as nurses are also sought. Here are some of the most in-demand professions in American healthcare:
- Nurses: Nurses take care of patients directly and are often the first point of contact for patients and their families. Currently, there is a shortage of nurses in the U.S., and it is expected that this will continue to be the case in the future.
- Nurse Practitioners: Nurse practitioners are registered nurses who provide primary and specialist care. They are in high demand because they are able to provide comprehensive care services.
- Physician Assistants: Physician assistants work closely with physicians and other healthcare providers to care for patients. Due to their versatility and training, they are in great demand.
- Pharmacists: Pharmacists dispense the medications prescribed by doctors and other healthcare providers. They also advise on the proper use of medications and possible side effects. The demand for pharmacists is expected to increase as baby boomers age and require more medication.
- Physiotherapists: Physiotherapists help patients recover from injuries, surgeries, and other conditions that limit their mobility. The demand for physical therapists is expected to increase as baby boomers age and have more health problems that require physical therapist intervention.
In the United States, technology is one of the most sought-after industries. There are many reasons for this, but the most important is that technology plays an important role in the economy. Technology companies are responsible for developing and manufacturing new products and services that make our lives easier and improve our standard of living.
The tech industry is also responsible for job creation. There are currently nearly 10 million jobs in the United States that are directly or indirectly linked to the technology industry. This number is expected to increase in the coming years as more companies adopt new technologies.
Some of the most sought-after jobs in the tech industry include software developers, web developers, and information security analysts. But there are also many other sought-after professions such as project managers, database administrators and network specialists.
There are many different businesses in the United States where there is a lot of demand. Some of the most popular companies include technology, healthcare, and finance. These companies are always in need of new employees and are always looking for talented people to join their team. If you’re interested in a career in one of these industries, now is the time to start looking for a job.
The education sector is also growing steadily in the U.S. and there is a high demand for qualified teachers at all levels. If you’re passionate about teaching and want to make a difference in students’ lives, a career in education might be right for you.
Questions and answers: Which specialists are in demand in the U.S.
What are the top in-demand healthcare specialists in the U.S.?
Some of the most in-demand healthcare specialists include nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical therapists, and mental health professionals such as psychologists and psychiatrists.
Which tech professionals are highly sought after in the U.S. job market?
Software developers, data scientists, cybersecurity analysts, and IT managers are among the most sought-after tech professionals in the United States.
Are there any in-demand specialists in the field of renewable energy?
Yes, solar panel installers, wind turbine technicians, and energy efficiency consultants are increasingly in demand as the renewable energy sector continues to grow.
Which construction and trade specialists are currently experiencing high demand in the U.S.?
Electricians, plumbers, HVAC technicians, and construction managers are in high demand due to ongoing infrastructure development and residential construction projects.
Are there any in-demand specialists within the financial services sector?
Financial analysts, accountants, auditors, and financial advisors are all in demand, as businesses and individuals seek assistance with financial planning and management.
Which marketing and creative professionals are currently in high demand?
Digital marketers, content creators, graphic designers, and user experience (UX) designers are all in high demand, as businesses look to expand their online presence and engage with customers.
Are there in-demand specialists in the field of education in the U.S.?
Special education teachers, school psychologists, and instructional coordinators are experiencing increased demand due to the need for specialized support in schools.
Which engineering specialists are highly sought after in the U.S. job market?
Civil, mechanical, electrical, and biomedical engineers are in high demand due to their broad applications in various industries, including infrastructure, manufacturing, and healthcare.
What types of legal professionals are currently in demand in the U.S.?
Intellectual property attorneys, immigration lawyers, and corporate lawyers are experiencing increased demand as businesses navigate the evolving legal landscape.
Are there any in-demand specialists in the field of logistics and transportation?
Supply chain analysts, logistics managers, and transportation planners are in high demand due to the growing emphasis on efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods.